Ontario Early Years Programs
Milton Community Resource Centre is the Ontario Early Years Centre for North Halton.
For more information on Ontario Early Years Centres visit www.ontarioearlyyears.ca
Fees are not charged for Early Years programs.
Ontario Early Years Centres are places where parents and caregivers can:
- Take part with their children in a range of programs and activities
- Get answers to questions
- Get information about programs and services that are available for young children
- Talk to early years professionals, as well as other parents and caregivers in the community
OEYC Program Registration
- OEYC registered programs are free and run in 7 week sessions
- Registration is done via a lottery system
- Lottery registration for registered OEYC programs is completed every 8 weeks, for one session at a time.
- Lottery registration may be done online or in person during the first week of registration only.
- You will be “waitlisted” until we draw names for program attendance.
- Participants drawn in the lottery will receive a confirmation email to notify them which program they have been selected to attend.
- Lottery forms are available on our website to be emailed in during registration week only.
The following Ontario Early Years programs are all free programs.
REGISTERED PROGRAMS (BY LOTTERY):
This is a 7 week program in which we encourage parents to “use the resources in themselves” to communicate and play with their children newborn to 12 months. It offers parents a refresher course on nursery rhymes, fairy tales and songs from their own childhood. Registration is by lottery.
Music and Movement Programs
These are 7 week active movement and music programs that provide an opportunity for adult and child to participate together in an early learning experience. Your child will learn to build on many skills such as: listening, speaking, counting, singing, moving and participation in a group, while using equipment such as balance beams, bean bag toss, balls, hoops and our huge parachute.
- Cruisin & Groovin (16 to 24 months)
- Toddler Jumpin & Jammin (25 to 36 months)
- Preschool Jumpin & Jammin (3 to 5 years)
DROP IN PROGRAMS:
Adult and Child Together
This informal, friendly drop in program is for adults and children from newborn up to the age of 6. We offer creative activities, free play, circle and stories. It is non- structured allowing you to interact with your child.
Adult and Child Together – Toddler
Bring your little one, newborn to 30 months, for a fun filled morning of free play, creative and songs. Meet other parents/caregivers and their children in our small group setting.