Our informal Parent Resource Library offers books, videos and reference material on loan free of charge. Articles and tip sheets on a range of topics related to parenting are also available. Parent/Child Resource Kits (bags of reusable resources allowing adults to explore specific topics with children) can be borrowed for a nominal fee. Library resources can be borrowed for two week periods.
Monday – Friday 9:00am – 4:30pm
Tuesday 9:00am – 7:00pm (fall through spring)
Parent Resources also include:
Topical Parent Workshops
- These provide information on a range of topics related to the growth and development of young children and families.
- Eg: Parenting your 3 – 6 Year Old, Positive Discipline, Nobody’s Perfect, Triple P
Special Events (held seasonally as scheduled)
- Parenting Together Seminar – those parenting with a partner explore ways to support each other in the parenting role. Light refreshments included.
Developmental Screening Clinics (ASK)
- Designed for families with children newborn to 5 years (not yet in school), ASK offers a 15 minute consultation with professionals from: Speech, Hearing, Behaviour, Preschool and Infant Development. No appointment necessary. First come, first served.
- These are available with Parent Educators, a Public Health Nurse and/or a Speech & Language Pathologist.
Infant Food Bank
- Since 2007, Milton Community Resource Centre has partnered with Salvation Army, Milton Branch, to house and distribute infant supplies – diapers, formula and baby food. We gratefully acknowledge the contribution of individuals and community groups in the Milton Community whose donations and support enable us to assist families in need.
MCRC Facebook Page (“MCRC – Milton Community Resource Centre”)
Lighthouse – Peer Support for Grieving Children, Youth and their Families