Volunteer with MCRC
Current Volunteer Opportunities:
Mission Statement: The creative and innovative leadership of MCRC with the Halton community will develop and deliver services to inspire and support children, their families and professionals.
Milton Community Resource Centre (MCRC) is a Not–for-profit, multi-service organization that provides services to children and families of Milton and the surrounding communities. Through our EarlyON sites, we provide early learning programs for children, their parents and caregivers. MCRC’s parent resource library offers a variety resources and workshops including access to our parent educators. Through our Licensed Child Care programs, MCRC provides quality early learning and care at an affordable cost and subsidy is available for eligible families. MCRC also operates The Halton Resource Connection, which provides training, support and resources to individuals and organizations working with children and youth.
MCRC is currently seeking additional Board Directors for a minimum 2-year commitment to:
- Utilize expertise in a professional field and provide counsel and advise to support the successful governance of the organization
- Support and provide guidance to the Executive Director in accordance with the Board of Directors By-laws
- Ensure Board By-laws remain current and relevant
- Provide expertise and advice in the development of the overall strategic direction of the organization
- Support and assist in the development of philanthropic resources and fundraising efforts; attend MCRC fundraising events
- Understand and influence, where necessary, public policies that affect MCRC
- Network within the community and advocate on behalf of the organization
- Report to the community and stakeholders at the Annual General Meeting
- Monitor and evaluate the Executive Director’s performance
- Participate on Board sub-committees and attend monthly Board meetings
MCRC is especially interested in applicants from diverse backgrounds with expertise in not-for-profit operations and in Law and/or Human Resources. If you are interested in serving your community through MCRC, consider getting involved as a Board Director.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to Becky Andrade, Associate Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.