At MCRC we’ve been providing high quality parent-child programs, at an affordable cost, for over 20 years. Many Milton families have returned year after year, child after child, making new friends and many memories together.
We understand families are busy and in need of “family time.” Our Family Fun programs are designed for you and your child to spend quality time together! With a variety of different programs, you can choose what suits your family. In 2018, we extended our programs to 0-12 years and offer some evening or Saturday classes so all families may participate.
Most importantly, our Family Fun programs provide a positive learning environment that enables child initiated – adult supported play, and engages families in active, creative and meaningful experiences together. Led by trained Program Facilitators, they connect with children and families, plan and extend play in a way that engages the whole family.
Family Fun Programs are fee based, age specific and require registration
- Registration for Family Fun Programs is completed every 8 weeks, for one session at a time.
- Registration may be completed online or in person, on a first come first serve basis.
- Registration will not be accepted prior to the registration date.
- You must create an account in order to register for programs.
- In person registrations will be processed as they come in at MCRC, 410 Bronte St. S between 8:30am-4:30pm
- Dates will be posted on our website and on our Facebook pageprior to the first day of registration.
- Space permitting, you may register for multiple paid programs.
- Our programs are for children and families, newborn to 12 years of age.
- Programs are developmentally appropriate for age specific groups, so older or younger children are not permitted in age specific programs, unless otherwise noted (i.e. younger siblings not yet crawling may attend).
- If a Family Fun program is full, you will be offered the option to be added to the waiting list. When a space becomes available, or a new class is added you will be contacted and provided 24 hours to register for the program before the next person on the contact list will be contacted.
- Low registration or circumstances beyond our control may cause a program to be cancelled. A full refund of the program will be issued if a cancellation occurs.
- MCRC will close if the Halton District School Board closes the schools due to weather conditions. Up-to-date information can be found at hdsb.ca, or you can check your local radio or television station. Parents will not be reimbursed for cancellations due to weather conditions.
- Family Fun Programs are closed for all statutory holidays.
- Family Fun Programs are funded through a yearly grant from the United Way Halton & Hamilton and program fees.
Family Fun Programs Registration Cancellation Policy
|If a written request is submitted to withdraw from a program 5 Business days prior to the first class…||A full refund minus a $25.00 administration fee will be provided in the same manner the original payment was made.|
|If a written request to withdraw is received within the first 2 weeks of the program…||A pro-rated refund minus the cost of each completed class as well as a $25.00 administration fee will be provided in the same manner the original payment was made.|
|If a written request to withdraw is received after the second week of program…||No refund will be issued.|
|If MCRC Family Fun programs cancel a program due to low enrollment or circumstances beyond our control…||A full refund will be issued in the way in the same manner the original payment was made.|